This module (HCMODU0098) is a breakout board for the Texas Instruments ADS1115 ADC. This device provides a precision 16 bit analogue to digital (ADC) resolution. Designed with precision, low power and ease of implementation in mind. The ADS1115 features onboard reference and an oscillator. A serial I2C interface allows interfacing to the module with only two pins and it's slave address can be configured on one of four addresses, allowing for multiple modules to be connected to one I2C bus. The ADS1115 can perform conversions at rates up to 860 samples per second (SPS). An onboard PGA is available that offers input ranges from the supply to as low as ±256mV, allowing both large and small signals to be measured with high resolution. The ADS1115 also features an input multiplexer (MUX) that provides two differential or four single-ended inputs.
The ADS1113/4/5 operates either in continuous conversion mode or a single-shot mode that automatically powers down after a conversion and greatly reduces current consumption during idle periods.
• WIDE SUPPLY RANGE: 2.0V to 5.5V
• LOW CURRENT CONSUMPTION: Continuous Mode: Only 150μA Single-Shot Mode: Auto Shut-Down
• PROGRAMMABLE DATA RATE: 8SPS to 860SPS
• INTERNAL LOW-DRIFT VOLTAGE REFERENCE
• INTERNAL OSCILLATOR
• INTERNAL PGA
• I2C™ INTERFACE: Pin-Selectable Addresses
• FOUR SINGLE-ENDED OR TWO DIFFERENTIAL INPUTS
• PROGRAMMABLE COMPARATOR